Monday, November 10, 2014

Gerald Hendrick’s Navy Photos

Scan1991Scan2003Scan2000Scan1993Scan2019Scan1992b I had a cousin named Gerald Hendrick, who was a Navy photographer in the late 1940’s to the end of the Korean war. Unfortunately, he was shot down and killed two weeks AFTER the end of the war by a North Korean fighter! But, he did sent a few photos home to his mother (My aunt) and I present them here. He is on the left in the first photo along with his buddy Russell and their favorite camera – the K-17 at Pearl Harbor in Oct 1950. The selection of photos show F-9F Panthers, Philippine Mars, aircraft accidents, Skyraiders, helicopters and more.

Click here to see all of the photos

2 comments:

doug siegfried said...

Hi Ron,
I want to thank you for posting your late cousins superb Navy photos taken in the early 1950s. I am the archivist at the Tailhook Assoc and love these shots.
cheers,
Doug Siegfried

Aviation Archives said...

Thanks Doug, I appreciate the words. I had promised my Aunt that I would share the photos someday. Unfortunately it took 40 years for the technology to catch up!

Post a Comment

Feedspot.com Top 50 blog award!