Monday, June 20, 2016

F-15 Eagle Chin Pod Update Addition

F-15B chin blister FQ eval~original I got some additional info from Keith "Sven" Svendsen on the F-15 Chin Pod testing I posted here. 

Sven says: “The photo in the article actually shows one of the FSD F-15A airframes, 71-0289 I think. The chin pod was also tested on 71-0291, see above: as Chief of Test with the F-15 Program Office. In cleaning out my office I found the referenced photo. At first glance, I thought it was an early 1990s test picture since. In the later days of Desert Storm and for a while afterwards, we were looking at a "Single-Seat SEAD" capability for the MSIP jets - to include direction finding gear a la the chin pod and integrating the AGM-88 on stations 2 and 8. The MSIPs were looking for a mission after air dominance was established.”

Thanks, Sven, for the additional info!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feedspot.com Top 50 blog award!