Friday, May 9, 2014

James S. McDonnell

Old Man MAC

A picture I have always liked of James S. McDonnell (Old Man Mac) in his later years. I talked to him a number of times over my 40 years and he was always interested in the well being of his employees.
We first met when he knocked me down in the basement of Bldg. 002. He had the habit of charging down the halls with his arm straight out to go through the big double swinging doors. Unfortunately, I was on the other side of the door, twice, and he would knock me down! Both times, he stopped and made sure that I was O.K. and to chat a while before he moved on. After the second time, I made sure to look through the window of all doors before I went through them. I greatly admired the man.

An MP3 of Mr. Mac Calling all the Team Mr. Mac

1 comments:

Dave said...

I remember when he addressed the staff over the speaker system in December 1979. I have head a lot of good things and some bad thing about him. I know he got fired from one of the old manufacturers when he walked on a wing, I don't know if that is true or not. I can tell you that all the old timers in advanced design love and respected him.

Post a Comment

Feedspot.com Top 50 blog award!